First, screen 300 cubic meters of compost in a drum screen at 10 mm. After that, switch the star screen insert for 500 cubic meters of 40 mm chips – easy. With a perfect end product to show for it – and thanks to the integrated washing drum it is even surface clean. Our new SM 518.2 is both a drum and star screen machine. Users with very different needs such as recycling yards, composting plants and agricultural contractors benefit from fast screen changes and separation in up to five fractions simultaneously. This applies to very different raw materials: processed residential and industrial waste, compost, bark, wood chips, bulk materials and excavated soil. With our new development, we have paid particular attention to sustainability and performance.
Our SM 518.2 offers the following features:
• Conversion from a two-fraction drum screen into a star screen in just less than an hour
• A wide range of options is available for other units: these include coarse-grain bulk separation, rear conveyor wind sifting and magnetic rollers as well as mixing and washing drums
• Separation of raw materials in up to five fractions in a single operation possible
• Latest in motor technology according to Stage V emission standards
• Ease of operation and high mobility
• Compact dimensions and approval for street use across the world
• Extensive safety equipment as standard
• Smart systems such as electronic load regulation and decentralized control
The loading of the SM 518.2 could hardly be more optimal. This is ensured by our special hopper. It has a relatively large volume of 5.7 cubic meters and a low loading height of only 2.9 m.